Hobbies and Extra-Curricular Activities in a Student’s life
- We, as a School, conduct a variety of hobbies that require the focus of the body and mind, making it the perfect stress buster amongst students after the day’s hard work. It enhances the self-confidence of every individual.
- Creating Art and Craft involves a variety of skills and knowledge. Fine Art comprises of many hobbies in the School such as Painting and Sketching, Sculpture, Wood Craft, Bamboo Craft, Fashion Designing and Photography. Creating and Imagining of Art has been proven to stimulate the mind, enhance problem solving skills, reduce stress and provide a sense of accomplishment.
- Music as a hobby has a big role to play in our School environment, it comprises of Vocal Classical, Tabla & Harmonium, Violin and Guitar. Playing along, singing along with these instruments, or just listening to your favourite tunes gives immense inner satisfaction. Music is one of the most beneficial of all the hobbies which is very soothing to the ears and relaxes the mind and the soul. Learning instruments increases knowledge, boosts brain power, builds new skills and increases patience as you learn more. Singing proves to be a natural pain reliever and listening to your favourite music has been proven to boost memory and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Mindfulness is again one of the benefits of hobbies. Band and Drum beats teach a student to stay in the present moment of life, to focus and connect the mind and the body in perfection. This is a complete example of how important it is to possess the quality of being mindful.
- The making of Clay Art requires utmost focus, concentration, and the unison of mind and body in order to bring out the best end product.
- Hobbies such as mentioned above make the students sharp, agile, and focused, thereby, manifesting or reflecting the same qualities in all other aspect of life. Hobbies initiate character building and make the students stand out from the rest. They enable the parents to take greater pride in their children.
- Turning into a better version of oneself, the acquisition of faith in oneself and confidence, this is why hobbies are important. Accomplishing goals and targets that one sets for oneself is a great way to believe in one’s capabilities and work on personal progress.