Hobbies and Extra-Curricular Activities in a Student’s life
|Art & Craft||Tabla & Music||Indian Music||Indian Dance|
|Animation and Coding|
- We, as a School, conduct a variety of hobbies that require the focus of the body and mind, making it the perfect stress buster amongst students after the day’s hard work. It enhances the self-confidence of every individual.
- Creating Art and Craft involves a variety of skills and knowledge. Fine Art comprises of many hobbies in the school such as : Painting and Sketching, Sculpture, Wood Craft, Bamboo Craft, Fashion Designing and Photography. Creating and Imagining of Art has been proven to stimulate the mind, enhance problem solving skills, reduce stress and provide a sense of accomplishment.
- Music as a hobby has a big role to play in our School environment, it comprises of Vocal Classical, Tabla & Harmonium, Violin and Guitar. Playing along, singing along with these instruments, or just listening to your favourite tunes gives immense inner satisfaction. Music is one of the most beneficial of all the hobbies which is very soothing to the ears and relaxes the mind and the soul. Learning instruments increases knowledge, boosts brain power, builds new skills and increases patience as you learn more. Singing proves to be a natural pain reliever and listening to your favourite music has been proven to boost memory and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Mindfulness is again one of the benefits of hobbies. Band and Drum beats teach a student to stay in the present moment of life, to focus and connect the mind and the body in perfection. This is a complete example of how important it is to possess the quality of being mindful.
- The making of Clay Art requires utmost focus, concentration, and the unison of mind and body in order to bring out the best end product.
- Hobbies such as mentioned above make the students sharp, agile, and focused, thereby, manifesting or reflecting the same qualities in all other areas of life. Hobbies initiate character building and make the students stand out from the rest. They enable the parents to take greater pride in their children.
- Turning into a better version of oneself, the acquisition of faith in oneself and confidence, this is why hobbies are important. Accomplishing goals and targets that one sets for oneself is a great way to believe in one’s capabilities and work on personal progress.
Sanawar Empowerment & Welfare Association [SEWA]
(Selfless Efforts for the Welfare of All)
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” - Mahatma Gandhi
'Joy of Giving has been the hallmark of the educational ethos at Sanawar. Social Service has been an integral part of The Lawrence School, Sanawar since its inception as the idea of establishing Sanawar has its roots in a social cause. Social work is encouraged in Sanawar to inculcate among children core educational values such as compassion, social responsibility, charity, and empathy for the poor and the disadvantaged section of society.
The Sanawarians have always risen to the occasion and lent their helping hands when natural calamities such as earthquakes, landslides, floods, and pandemics including Covid-19 affected the lives and livelihoods of our countrymen in general and neighboring communities in particular.
The Socially Useful Productive Work (S.U.P.W), a mandatory part of Sanawar’s curriculum requires all students of the school to complete mandatory hours of social service. As a part of its community outreach program, the School adopts villages and works with the villagers to bring about positive changes in the quality of lives in the areas of health, education, sanitation, and conservation of natural resources. We undertake need-based development work in collaboration with the neighboring rural communities and Panchayati raj Institutions. Staff and students of the school frequently volunteer their labor towards building community centers, school buildings, and toilets. The school also collaborates with NGOs to support and promote their work dedicated to the welfare and empowerment of the poor and the deprived section of society.
The Lawrence School, Sanawar is one of the regional spearheads of the Round Square Group of Schools and regularly participates in and hosts international service projects. Moreover, The International Award for Young People (IAYP) program run by the school further motivates our students to wholeheartedly dedicate themselves to participating in service projects.