The Main Gate that warmly welcomes students, teachers, staff, and guests.
Established and erected in 2002.
Three dormitories, consisting of two senior and one holding house dormitory. The Senior Dormitories were formerly known as Honoria Court, in the memory of Lady Honoria Lawrence (wife of the Founder, Sir Henry Lawrence); established on 21st April 1943.
One of the two Main Gates that provide an 'in' and an 'out' of school.
Bursar's residence; previously Headmaster’s residence when there was the additional presence of a principal. Built in 1883.
Laid in 1927, it was the playground for girls where all manners of games were to be played; reconstructed in 2019 and is the main field for all sporting activities for the girls’ department.
Located below the PD Dormitories and above the Moti Corner Gate. The exclusive playground for Prep School students (Class V and VI).
Sculpture, art, bamboo craft, and carpentry hobbies are held here. The walls and porch are decorated with various creations made by the students.
Hockey field for the Boys’ Department.
The Honoria Girls’ Inter-School Basketball Tournament takes place on this court. It is next to the CDH. Trafford Court is the older court situated below the Honoria court also used for Basketball practice sessions and Inter House Basketball matches.
Open air leisure amphitheatre; a grove of oak trees situated on the mall.
A home away from home for all our little ones who join school in class V and VI.
It stands for the Central Dining Hall. It is where all the students and teachers have their meals. Located near Birdwood, it is also known as Raunaq Hall.
This is the School Library and Museum; formerly the Girl’s Dining Hall, named after Miss Ada Parker, Headmistress of girls from 1890-1923.
Som Dutt Sports Centre; comprises the school badminton courts and indoor heated swimming pool. Made in the memory of Major R. Som Dutt, the first Indian Headmaster of the school, it was built-in 1984.
It is built in a British way of architecture with a pyramidical roof. It is where all the administrative work takes place. It includes the Headmaster and the Bursar’s office.
The foundation stone of Birdwood School was laid by the Right Reverend, the Bishop of Lahore, H.B Durrent on August 25, 1927 and the Birwood School buildings were opened by His Excellency, Field Marshal Sir W.R. Birwood Bart, Commander in Chief, India, on September 22, 1929. It also houses the school auditorium Barne Hall, named after the then Principal of the school, George Barne. All the stage functions and cultural events of school take place here.
It was built in 1868 for 24 boys and girls. The servant’s ward was also constructed in 1868 for 5 servants. The Isolation Ward /Tin Huts was added in 1915 for 10 patients.
It is as old as the school. All the couriers and letters are sent and received here.
The oldest existing building built in 1853, the Chapel is the spiritual centre of the school. The School assembly takes place here. The porch was built in the memory of the Founder by Col. Herbert Edwardes in 1858.
It is located next to the Chapel. It was built in the proud memory of the old Sanawarians who fell in the war. The memorial is in the form of a Celtic cross and is about 20 ft. high.
The stone archway where the Mall commences.
It is also known as the school guest house. It was rebuilt after it was destroyed in 1996 due to a fire.
Football field for the Boys’ Department.
Named after the Headmaster (B.D), Mr. W. Gaskell, now being used as a gymnasium for the boys’ department.
Himalaya, Nilagiri, Siwalik and Vindhya and Holding House.
The cricket field for BD: named Barnes’ at a short ceremony on April 19, 1941